The CIA destroyed almost 100 videotapes of terror suspect interrogations, far more than previously acknowledged, the Obama administration said yesterday as it began disclosing details of post-September 11 Bush-era actions.The admission relates to a court case involving the American Civil Liberties Union, which says that the CIA should be held in contempt for withholding evidence.:
"The large number of videotapes destroyed confirms that the agency engaged in a systematic attempt to hide evidence of its illegal interrogations and to evade the court's order,"Unsurprisingly the CIA has issued a vehement non-denial:
CIA spokesman George Little said the agency "has certainly cooperated with the Department of Justice investigation. If anyone thinks it's agency policy to impede the enforcement of American law, they simply don't know the facts."