Monday 4 June 2007

Spin and cover-up

I've not been blogging for over a week as I've been on holiday. I didn't want to advertise the fact in case the Foreign Office released the John Williams draft of the dossier in my absence. No danger of that. They have decided to spin the saga out further with a futile appeal to the Information Tribunal. Still, we know it's worth waiting for.

I noticed while I was away that Labour deputy leadership contender Harriet Harman has come out against the culture of spin, which is great. I got a campaign leaflet from Harman this morning. Unfortunately it was addressed to someone else with a name close to mine in the alphabet. They've got their address list misaligned, which is a bit embarrassing and presumably not the sort of mistake ex-postie Alan Johnson will be making.

No comments: